Goodreads 101: Free Promotional Tools
"Goodreads is confusing."
"Goodreads is full of mean people."
"Goodreads is a waste of my time."
I hear these things all the time from authors. The same authors, in fact, who pour money into Facebook ads, dedicate time to Instagram posts, and effort into blog campaigns, all while ignoring the giant pot of gold that sits at Goodreads.com.
The below video walks you through the free promotional tools that exist on Goodreads, most of which are unknown to most authors. In the next eleven minutes, you can find out how to take advantage of the website that has over 55 million members - ALL of whom are readers and reviewers.
This video will show you:
- How to Make Status Updates on Goodreads
- How to Create Blog Posts that will notify Goodreads users 10+ times
- How to Create Events for Releases
- Where to put promotional items such as teasers and purchase links
- How to Create a Goodreads Giveaway
Want more book marketing advice? Enroll in my How to Market Your eBook course and give yourself the knowledge to properly promote your novel.
Note: If you are struggling with writing your first novel, or want to begin yours, please check out my online course, How to Write Your First Book!